A.W.D.A. Newsletter May/June 2020
We look forward to returning to a normal timetable from this Saturday at the studio. This year dancing is on Queen’s Birthday, Saturday 30th May & Monday 1st June.
To those of you who took part in the online classes – thank you so much; we know it was a challenging time and we appreciate the effort that you made. It was wonderful to still be able to teach the children even though it was in a different way.
Welcome back to anyone who is rejoining and welcome to our AWDA family to our new students.
Please check the information has been posted on each individual Band page with the following details (if you are not in Band please email Kym firstname.lastname@example.org to receive this).
Classes returning to the studio – some classes have had a slight change to lesson time. The lesson studio start date and time have been posted on the individual AWDA Band pages. All classes will be back at the studio (except Gemma’s Junior Jazz class and pre-school which are staying on zoom for the rest of Term 2).
* Only come to lesson if you are well
* No parents/caregivers in the building unless you have an appointment to purchase stock – drop off and pick up only
* Please carefully note the finish time of your lesson and be picked up promptly. There is 5 minutes between each lesson to minimise cross over of students and to allow cleaning between classes
* Please wash hands prior to entering the studio. Hand sanitiser will be available during class for after touching barre/props/other surfaces
* Students are to respect social distancing, hygiene etiquette and observe and follow instructions from teachers and posters on the studio wall.
*For hygiene purposes and to reduce cleaning needed by teachers students are asked to bring their own props where possible e.g. hat/pomp poms/maraccas/knee pads
*If you are in Grade 2 Jazz or Grade 4 Jazz please bring your own hat to lessons for your hat routines. The remaining studio props (pom poms, maraccas, cane) will be sanitised after use but if you have your own at home please bring these to lessons with you.
* Until your first studio lesson the online lessons through Zoom are continuing at the current time
* Students need to fill in the online contact tracing survey prior to coming to the studio for their first class to ensure that we have your correct contact details
Reminder Fees for full term tuition:
WEEKLY INSTALLMENT x 9
IF PAID by 2nd May
Please remember to deduct 10% if attending more than one class per week. Note some classes were suspended while we in lockdown which are now re-commencing
Fees – if you have taken part in online classes with zoom, term fees are the usual price
If you are joining into a class that is only restarting once at the studio the half term costs are as follows:
30 minute lesson – $47.50 – if in 2 or more classes per week with 10% discount it is $42.50
45 minute lesson – $60.00 – if in 2 or more classes per week with 10% discount it is $55.00
60 minute lesson – $70.00 – if in 2 or more classes per week with 10% discount it is $63.00
75 minute lesson – $77.50 – if in 2 or more classes per week with 10% discount it is $70.00
Our account details are as follows:
Auckland West Dance Academy
Westpac a/c 03-0146-0206650-00
Reference: (name of student & reason for payment e.g. Ballet Exam)
Exam entry – cost has been posted on each individual band page and the date payment is due. By 12th of June at the latest please email Kym email@example.com if you plan on entering the dance examination this year. This is so that we can arrange our exam and exam rehearsal timetables which will still be held at the end of Term 2 as per usual. Most exam fees are not due until the end of Term 2 except for BAL exam entries. Note that we do not have confirmed dates for exams as yet.
Private Lessons on EXAM WORK – If anyone wants to arrange some private lessons for their exam work PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE IT until the last few weeks. The earlier the better! Please approach your teacher yourself to arrange this. Most teachers can take private lessons on exam work for other teachers too. Please note that private lessons are $30 per half an hour (or $20 for a junior teacher). You can arrange to share a private lesson with another student to halve the cost if you prefer.
Ø If sitting an exam this year you should now have your music to help with practice at home. Syllabus books are also available.
Ø Please do not park in the car park next door as it is private property.
Dates to remember:
· BAL Ballet, BAL Tap & BAL Jazz exam entries entries close 12th June.
· All other exam entries payment is due end of Term 2 but we must be emailed by 12th June with your name, grade wishing to sit, DOB of student, mobile number, method and date payment will be made. This will help us with our exam and exam rehearsal scheduling.
· Pre School Concert – postponed until later this year.
· Exam Dance Competition Days – postponed until later this year.
· Ballet & Jazz Exam rehearsals & extra lessons will be held during school week 10 of Term 2 including weekend lessons either side of this week – no July holidays lessons (28 June to 5 July). If you wish to do the exam you must be available for all rehearsals, please let Kym know ASAP if you have a holiday planned, it may be possible to schedule your rehearsal around this.
· Term 2 ends on Saturday 27th of June. Term 3 begins on Monday 20th July.
· JDNZ Exams – 1 – 4 September, other exam dates TBC
· This year’s show will be on 6 & 7 December with rehearsals 3, 4 and 5 December.
We are looking forward to seeing all our lovely dancers in person and can’t wait to return to lessons in a safe way!
Studio 813 5459
Kym 027 264 7287