A.W.D.A. Newsletter May 2018
All Term 2 fees need to be paid by the 3rd week, Saturday 19 May.
Your fees should be the same as Term 1. Please ask for an invoice if you do not know how much to pay.
No dancing on Queen’s Birthday, Monday June 4 (lessons still on Saturday 2 June). Students please try to make up any missed classes due to Queen’s Birthday, from Anzac day, or for any other reason. For other suitable classes ask your teacher or Kym. Sorry no credits given on lessons missed.
Private Lessons on EXAM WORK - If anyone wants to arrange some private lessons for their exam work PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE IT until the last few weeks. The earlier the better! Please approach your teacher yourself to arrange this. Most teachers can take private lessons on exam work for other teachers too. Please note that private lessons are $30 per half an hour (or $20 for a junior teacher). You can arrange to share a private lesson with another student to halve the cost if you prefer.
Students Only weeks It is “students only” in all classes in the downstairs studios, viewing is only from classes in studio 1. No spectators in studio 2 & 3 please - unless you are new to our academy. You are then welcome to observe every lesson for the first two or three weeks.
Ø If sitting an exam this year you should now have your music to help with practice at home. Syllabus books are also available. All ballet students require a theory book from Grade 1 above.
Ø Please help the teachers by answering the phone in the kitchen and taking a message so that the teacher in Studio 2 need not interrupt her class. If you make tea or coffee please wash up after.
Ø Please do not park in the car park next door as it is private property.
They did it!!!! MASSIVE Congratulations to our Senior Contemporary
Troupe 'What Do You Mean' for being awarded a PACANZ Nomination at the
Rotorua Competitions! The team has worked so hard for this; we are beyond
proud and looking forward to seeing you all representing AWDA at the New
Zealand National Young Performers Award in Palmerston North in October!!!
They did it!!!! MASSIVE Congratulations to our Senior Contemporary Troupe 'What Do You Mean' for being awarded a PACANZ Nomination at the Rotorua Competitions! The team has worked so hard for this; we are beyond proud and looking forward to seeing you all representing AWDA at the New Zealand National Young Performers Award in Palmerston North in October!!!
Dates to remember:
· BAL Ballet, BAL Tap & BAL Jazz exam entries have now closed.
· Jazz exam and Hip Hop & Lyrical medal test entries are due 6th of May
· Ballet Certificate assessment entries are due 10th of May.
· Contemporary exam entries are due 31st of May.
· Late exam entries will be accepted for a few weeks but there is a late entry charge.
· Pre School Concert is on the afternoon of Sunday 1st July with rehearsals the day before on Saturday 1st July.
· Exam Dance Competition Days – all genres on Sunday 29th July in the Oratia Primary hall.
· Ballet & Jazz Exam rehearsals & extra lessons will be held during school week 10 of Term 2 including weekend lessons either side of this week – no July holidays lessons. If you wish to do the exam you must be available for all rehearsals, please let Kym know ASAP if you have a holiday planned, it may be possible to schedule your rehearsal around this.
· Dare To Dream, this year’s show, will be on 2 – 3 December with rehearsals 29th November to 1st December.
Studio 813 5459 Brigitte 027 5967967
Kym 832 2122 , 027 2647287 Keri 021 2741411
Sarah 021 204 1083 Georgia 021 1244514
Tamzin 021 165 0859 Lucy 021 0694948
Maddy 027 873 0550 Stevie 027 8295765